Health benefits of drinking Green tea are very amazing and wonderful that is the reason it has been acknowledged as one of the best beverages on the earth. You can never regret using it. It is filled with nutrients and antioxidants which have lots of healthy effects to the body. This includes lower risk of cancer, fat loss, enhanced brain function plus other exciting benefits.
Let us look at some of the amazing health benefits of green tea:
1. Drinking green tea improves health. Studies show that green tea contains a wide range of bioactive compounds that adds value to the health. It is not just a green liquid, in fact Green tea is loaded with polyphenols. This substance is capable of protecting molecules and cells. Epigallocatechin gallate is one of the green tea’s antioxidant and aids in treating various diseases. Many people are fond of using green tea due to the presence of these powerful medicinal properties.
2. Green tea enhances brain function. Green tea makes you smarter. Caffeine is its active ingredient, and it is perfectly called stimulant within the health circle. It doesn’t have coffee. Modern research states that caffeine leads to improvements in memory, mood, and brain function. Other reliable ingredients of caffeine include amino acid L-theanine. Many people said that they have experienced much more energy after taking this tea.
3. Green tea and weight loss. Green tea helps in reducing weight and is essential in improving physical performance. If you check on the ingredient list of any fat burning products, there are multiple chances that you will see green tea among the list. This is a product that helps in boosting your metabolic rate in the short term.
4. Green tea and cancer prevention. If there is any uncontrolled growth of cells in the human body, then chances are that the cancer will occur. Modern studies prove that the antioxidants in it can lower the risk of cancer. Thus, taking green tea can reduce the chances of breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer by 75%. Some health experts say that it is not wise to put milk in your tea, doing so can minimize the antioxidant value. Green tea has all the necessary things that will give you adequate protection from cancer.
5. Lowers the risk of Parkinson and Alzheimer. Green tea gives perfect protection to your brain in the old age. This is regarded as the common disease in human’s especially older people. Alzheimer is the main cause of dementia. Parkinson is the death of certain essential neurons in the brain. Studies show that some of the compounds in green tea can have lots of protective effects on humans, and even animals also. So, it is capable of lowering the risk of contacting two unfortunate neurodegenerative disorders.
6. Green tea for treating infection. The catechins in green tea have a wide range of biological benefits. Further studies show that they can inhibit the spread of influenza virus, bacteria and other infections. If you wish to experience an improved dental health, then taking green tea will be highly recommended. Finally, it minimizes bad breath.
7. Green tea and cholesterol reduction. Research shows that intake of one glass of green tea reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL) in blood by 0.015 milli-mols per liter, without even touching good cholesterol (HDL). Though, green tea will not reduce your LDL count so quickly, however, regular intake can show good results at longer run.
8. Green tea for skin glow. Now you don’t have to spend large amount of money in buying expressive creams or face masks. The following method will explain you how you can make your own Green tea mask at home :
- Get one tea bag and cut it open.
- Take out the content and put it in a bowl.
- Add honey into the mixture.
- Mix it well to make a paste out of it.
- Apply this paste over your face and rinse after 10-15 minutes, you will have a fresh and glowing skin.
9. Green tea for type 2 Diabetes. Green tea has shown remarkable results in treating type 2 Diabetes. Research shows that green tea contains a component called epigallocatechin 3-gallate or (EGCG) which improves the insulin sensitivity and glucose level in human body. However, it is also advisable not to take green tea in excess as the caffeine present in green tea may not be good for your health, if consumed in excess.