If you have been blessed with beautiful blue eyes, then there are a number of excellent make up tricks and techniques that you can use to bring out the best of them. Whether you have baby blue eyes or deep mysterious indigo blue eyes, here are some top make up tips and tricks to use to make those eyes stand out and pop!
1. Overlap colors- Blue-eyed babies have the ability to layer color when applying eye shadow. Try different shades of sheer eye shadow, such as coppers, bronzes or browns to create a super-striking effect.
Expert tip! Avoid blue eye shadow – blue on blue will make your eyes look dull.
2. Shadowing – sheer and matte- Blue eyes have such intensity to them that you won’t need a lot of eye shadow to make them stand out. Use a sheer eye shadow or lighter colored eye shadow for a subtle day time look, while a matte eye shadow is a good look for the office or more formal occasion. For a night out on the town, add a bit of shimmer or sparkle to either the sheer or matte eye shadow and make a statement without saying a word!
3. Ditch the black eyeliner- Blue eyes are spectacular enough, without needing a strong black eyeliner, so go for something lighter such as navy blue, which will still create a dazzling effect, but not look as harsh.
4. Warm colors are best for blue eyes- Opposites attract and some of the best color eyeliners for blue eyes are the warmer hues like browns, earthy colors, and tans. Rich brown eyeliners emphasize subtle gold specs in the iris and make them simply pop!
5. Highlight your eyes- Frame and brighten your eyes by highlighting them with a silver or beige eye shadow.
For deep-set eyes: Bring out deep-set eyes by applying a light, neutral shadow under the eyebrow bone and at the inner corner of the eye, before lining the the upper lashes with dark shadow.
For smaller eyes: For smaller eyes with uncreased lids, apply an arc of medium-toned color on the lids, blended with a sweep of a brush.
For thin-lidded-eyes: Apply a lighter shade at the eye’s corner before adding a deeper color to dramatize the eye.
For close-set eyes: For close-set eyes, line the upper lashes and use a dark shadow on the upper the lid to make your eyes appear farther apart.
6. Go for gold!- There is no better color to bring out blue eyes with a dazzle than gold! Apply a gold eye shadow to create a stunning and sophisticated look that is both classy and elegant. Simply add a touch of mascara to the finished eyes and you are ready to turn heads!
7. Contrast is king- Using contrasting colors on your eyelids can create a beautiful effect against piercing blue eyes. A striking lavender or deep purple can really bring the eyes out, and paired with a pink or pale gold eyeliner, give them an extra wow-factor.
Expert tip! Use those shades you would never use as eye shadow to create a subtle shadow-effect for your beautiful blue eyes.
8. No bottom liner- Blue eyes do not need bottom eye liner to create a brilliant effect – they look stunning on their own. Bottom eyeliner runs the risk of making eyes look boxed in and cramped, so avoid using bottom liner if you have blue eyes and let them do the talking on their own.
Expert tip! If you want to use some eyeliner on your bottom lid, use white eyeliner along your lower lashline, which will make your eyes look bigger and brighter!
9. Think pink- A swathe of pink eye-shadow against the bright blue of your eyes can give you a fresh, healthy look. Give your eyes a slight edge by lining the lashes with a dark brown pencil.
10. Go for smoke- There is nothing sexier than smouldering, smoky eyes. Add an element of sexiness to your already naturally beautiful blue eyes by creating a smoky effect. Smudge eyeliner along the upper rim of your lid, followed by an application of a dark eye shadow. Blend the two in to create a smoky effect, which will make your eyes stand in the most amazing way.