Trendy or throwback style, there are several outfits to wear with palazzo pants. Palazzo pants can also be called flare or wide leg loose pants, and they were quite popular back in the 70’s and now they’re making a comeback! These wide leg trousers are statement outfit pieces and anyone can just fall in love with its comfy and feminine style. By combining them with modern pieces, they can be versatile enough to wear outdoors, casual or even for formal wear. Here are some outfit combinations you can wear with palazzo pants.
Tops/Shirts to wear with Palazoo Pants:
1. Palazzo Pants + Halter Top. Bring back the 70’s with palazzo pants and halter tops. They were quite popular back then with jumpsuits, matching color and fabric midrib halter tops, and long sleeves with pointed collars.
2. Black Palazzo + Short Sleeve White Top. Go for simple white short sleeve top with any colored or black palazzo pants and a statement necklace. Pair them with a black fit long sleeve top, some bangles, long necklace and sunglasses.
3. Denim Palazzo + Single Color Top. Great outdoor outfit, pair denim palazzo pants with any comfy top, sleepless or short sleeved. Choose white, black, single color or navy striped top on it. Wear flip flops or sandals and keep it cool with a fedora.
4. Khaki Palazzo + Spaghetti Top. Got white or khaki linen palazzo pants? They’re great for outdoor walks downtown. Pair them with loose sleeveless or comfy spaghetti top. Rock the whole outfit with aviator sunglasses or your favorite shades.
5. White Linen Leg Pant + Boo Top. You pull off an all-white outfit? Try white linen wide leg pants with white loose or boo top. Match some black or brown leather purse or shoulder bag.
6. Thai Palazzo Pants + Crew Neck Shirt. These are loose wide leg pants that has elastic or drawstring waistband. Widely popular in Thailand and other South East Asian countries, these types of palazzo pants are so comfy and casual. Made from cotton or linen fabric, these can be paired with crew neck shirt or sleeveless top. When going to the beach during summer, these are perfect with thong sandals or flip flops.
7. Cotton Palazzo + White Top. Choose a psychedelic colorful cotton palazzo pants and pair it with your comfy black or white sleeveless top. Wear it with flip flops and huge pendant necklace and you’re off to the beach!
8. Black/White/Khaki Palazzo Pants + Contrasting Top. Can you wear palazzo pants in the office? Yes you can! Think of it like a maxi skirt, only better. Try white, khaki or black palazzo pants and pair it with a contrasting top. Black pants with white, gray or cream short sleeved shirt and wear some bangles or a statement necklace. These outfits also look great when you wear your hair down. You can also match these with strappy heels or wedges and high heel pumps.
9. Burnt Palazzo Pants + Long Sleeve Top. Pick colors that have autumn all over it. For example, burnt orange palazzo pants, your comfy long sleeve top and your favorite scarf. You can also choose a blue one, and pair it with a gray top and a fitted blazer, still perfect for the office.
10. Printed Palazzo + Tube Tops. These loose pants are really great with tube tops. Choose from a myriad of colors, plain and printed, and then wear a white or black tube top, and a statement necklace.
11. Tapered Waist Palazzo Pants. Palazzo pants can help make you look taller. Belts can also help define your waistline. For example, match one of these wide leg loose black pants with white wrap around or kimono top, and wear a thin belt.
Do’s and Don’ts for Palazzo Pants
1. Palazzo pants are fashion statements already. The ideal way to pull an outfit like this is to keep it simple. Do not over accessorize or wear too many colors. If you’re wearing a printed one, stripes, chevron, Aztec or any pattern, go for a plain colored top. You can still a wear statement necklace, but keep the colors on that simple enough to blend in. The focus of the whole outfit is already in the cut of the pants.
2. You can wear palazzo pants like your maxi skirt. Avoid baggy tops that go below the crotch line or else it’ll make you look short. The trick is to tuck in your top, or at least the front, to let the flared cut create a taller illusion of your height. Choose high waist tops.
3. Palazzo pants are ideal for summer or sunny days because of its airy design and soft fabrics. However for winter you can still wear them. Choose cuts that have less flare and of thicker fabric like on slacks. For office outfit, you can wear jackets that are fitted or has a cut right along the waistline